NTC is a leading outpatient and substance abuse treatment program which services children, adolescents, and adults seeking wellness, renewal, and hope in Bradford-Tioga-Sullivan Counties. NTC offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of our clientele. Positions are open for individuals seeking learning and growth opportunities, as well as a desire to work within a strong team oriented environment.
Licensed Mental Health Therapist — $1500 sign on bonus
Northern Tier Counseling has an opening for a Licensed Mental Health Professional (LSW or LPC) to working within the Towanda Area School District.
Specific skills needed in the areas of:
Completing psycho social assessment on students in K-12 within the Towanda School District
- Provide 1:1, group and family interventions
- Provide Case Management resources to students and their family’s
- Working within school setting and participating in various meetings with School District Personnel
- Provide consultations to School District Personnel regarding mental and behavioral health diagnoses and interventions
- Timely, accurate and efficient documentation is required and closely monitored
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to handle crisis situations and provide safety assessments with quick thinking to handle multiple needs
- Good diagnostic ability and the ability to use appropriate treatment interventions required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong documentation skills, as well as the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree in behavioral or social sciences; LSW or LPC licensed required; minimum of one (1) year of experience. Experience working in school system a plus; family systems and trauma experience preferred.
* * * * *
Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) – Bradford and Tioga County
Northern Tier Counseling has openings for Certified Peer Specialists to join our growing team.
- Certified Peer Specialists are people who have had similar lived experiences and can offer genuine empathy, hope, and validation to an individual seeking help.
- The purpose of Peer Support is to show first hand that recovery and mental illness or substance abuse is possible.
- Services are provided in the home and/or community.
- Responsibilities and Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting consumers with setting and attaining personal recovery goals
- Identify community supports and help consumers understand how to utilize resources in their recovery process
- Model coping techniques, self-help strategies and reinforce the potential for recovery to consumers and others
- Working autonomously while building and maintaining an effective work schedule
- Attending weekly staff meetings and individual supervisions
- Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism expectations
Education and Experience qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Act 33/34 and 151 Clearances
- Self-Identified current or former user of Mental Health or co-occurring services
- 1-year work experience (paid or volunteer) within last 3 years
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing
- Valid Driver’s License; Reliable vehicle and current insurance; clean driving record
- Travel required
- Successful completion of Certified Peer Specialist Training
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as, the ability to work effectively as a team member are required
- Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information regarding these position(s), please e-mail email@example.com or call Human Resources, 570-265-0100 ext. 1210.
To Apply for Positions with Northern Tier Counseling, Inc.:
E-mail a letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternate Method: Send your resume and cover letter to: Northern Tier Counseling, Inc., Attention: Human Resource Dept, 24727 Rt 6 Ste. 2, Towanda, PA 18848
- Fax to: (570) 265-4998
- Call (570) 265-0100 ext. 1210 to request an application, or stop by one of our office to complete an application.
- Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E.)