Mental Health Therapist
Responsible for functioning as the primary therapist of record for a specified caseload; duties include psychosocial intake assessment, conducting group, individual, and couples/parenting interventions, formulation of treatment plans, ongoing evaluation of patient needs, final discharge status and aftercare planning.
- Responsible to provide a variety of medically necessary psychotherapeutic treatment modalities to include, but not limited to individual, group, couples and family psychotherapy.
- Responsible under the supervision of a licensed Psychologist or Psychiatrist to provide court ordered mental health evaluations as needed. These evaluations are to be written and forwarded to the court in a timely manner.
- Responsible under the program supervision/direction to prepare testimony for court proceedings in response to subpoenas generated by Court Systems.
- Participation in treatment team meetings under the supervision of the staff psychiatrist and program supervisor/manager.
- Responsible to keep adequate case records in accordance with accepted facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Employee will interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner, seeking to resolve any complaints, misunderstandings, etc. of work related issues by following the chain of command as outlined in the agency personnel policies and code of ethics.
- Participate in ongoing in-service and educational activities to ensure that all credentialing/licensing requirements are met and maintained.
- Work in coordination with other community agencies to provide adequate treatment to assigned clients.
- Employee may take part in Private Contract work and/or work within the schools NTC serves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree (License preferred) in the behavioral or social sciences.
- Knowledge of childhood, adolescent and adult psychopathology and basic psychotherapeutic issues, treatment techniques and methods of intervention, l year experience required.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively; work well within team oriented environment.
- This is a Monday through Friday Position, with no on-call hours, weekends, or holidays. Position allows from 20 – 37.5 hours as caseload builds.
- Office Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Therapist hours are flexible.
* * * * *
Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) – Bradford and Tioga County
Northern Tier Counseling has openings for Certified Peer Specialists to join our growing team in Towanda and Mansfield locations.
- Certified Peer Specialists are people who have had similar lived experiences and can offer genuine empathy, hope, and validation to an individual seeking help.
- The purpose of Peer Support is to show first hand that recovery and mental illness or substance abuse is possible.
- Services are provided in the home and/or community.
- Responsibilities and Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting consumers with setting and attaining personal recovery goals
- Identify community supports and help consumers understand how to utilize resources in their recovery process
- Model coping techniques, self-help strategies and reinforce the potential for recovery to consumers and others
- Working autonomously while building and maintaining an effective work schedule
- Attending weekly staff meetings and individual supervisions
- Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism expectations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- Act 33/34 and 151 Clearances
- Self-Identified current or former user of Mental Health or co-occurring services
- 1-year work experience (paid or volunteer) within last 3 years
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing
- Valid Driver’s License; Reliable vehicle and current insurance; clean driving record
- Travel required
- Successful completion of Certified Peer Specialist Training
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as, the ability to work effectively as a team member are required
* * * * *
Mobile Therapists provide a one-to-one therapy to an individual under the age of twenty-one (21) in a setting outside of the office. Therapy sessions may take place in the community or in the client’s school or home. Other community locations may be necessary based on the client’s needs. The Mobile Therapist develops and implements an Individualized Treatment Plan, identifying and highlighting areas in which the individual needs improvement. In certain situations the MT supervises direct care staff.
- Writes individualized client treatment plans.
- Provides clinical supervision of TSS workers.
- Provides support to parents, teachers, or community officials.
- Role model appropriate behaviors.
- Provides clinical support to direct care staff.
- Implements consequences relating to appropriate and inappropriate behavior.
- Coordinates clinical information/direction with other professionals and agencies.
- Exchanges information clearly and concisely with the appropriate parties including; payer
- source, schools, families, and other community professionals .
- Completes all paperwork and documentation in accordance with established company
- policies and procedures and acceptable clinical practices within designated timeframes.
- Attend Bi-weekly supervision
- Utilize NTC’s Electronic Health Records (E.H.R.) during tenure of employment. Initial training, and on-going training, will be provided to employee by respective supervisor and/or assigned team member.
- Employee will be proficient in their job position within six (6) months. If at any time an
- Other functions and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Individual with graduate mental health degree and at least one year’s experience in Child and Adolescent Service System Program (CASSP) system or employed by a licensed mental services agency or subcontract agency
- Criminal history checks and child abuse certification in accordance with 23 Pa.C.S. §§ 6301—6386 (relating to Child Protective Services Law) and 55 Pa. Code Chapter 3490 (relating to protective services) required.
For more information or to apply:
- Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Human Resource, 570-256-0100 to request an application or stop by one of our offices to complete an application
- Mail resume and cover letter to: Northern Tier Counseling, Inc., Attention: Human Resource Dept, 24727 Rt 6 Ste. 2, Towanda, PA 18848
- Fax to: (570) 265-4998
- Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E.)