NTC is a leading outpatient and substance abuse treatment program which services children, adolescents, and adults seeking wellness, renewal, and hope in Bradford-Tioga-Sullivan Counties. NTC offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of our clientele. Positions are open for individuals seeking learning and growth opportunities, as well as a desire to work within a strong team oriented environment.
Community and School Based Behavioral Health – Professional
$1,500 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Northern Tier Counseling (NTC) has a full time 12 month, non-exempt/hourly position with benefits to work within NTC’s newest program, Community & School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH).
Summary: The CSBBH Mental Health Professional is a member of the CSBBH Team which is comprised of two BHWs and one Mental Health Professional. Team members provide one-on-one & team delivered interventions to a student within Towanda School District, but may also include home, school, daycare, YMCA, emergency room, other community based programs or community settings. A maximum caseload of 24 students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assessments of strengths and therapeutic needs of child & family.
- Provide crisis intervention techniques, immediate behavioral reinforcements, emotional support, time structuring activities, time-out strategies, passive restraints when necessary and additional psychosocial rehabilitative activities as prescribed in the treatment plan.
- Assist child and family in locating/accessing community resources.
- Services may be provided by more than one individual during a 24 hour period necessitating ongoing coordination of interventions among the individuals providing the support services.
- Staff will have rotating schedules allowing them to serve children and families during days, evenings, and weekend in school, home and community settings as needed.
- Ensure psychotherapeutic and case management goals linked directly to treatment plan, treatment plan reviews and case notes.
- Members of the Team will provide on call services to the family’s they serve.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree (psychology, social work, sociology, education or similar human services field) with 2 or more years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Must be licensed or license eligible.
- Knowledge is required of casework and principal practice and methodology; knowledge of individual and group behavior, inter-relationships between social, economic, psychological and physiological factors.
- Ability to make clear and pertinent statement both verbally or written; initiative, job knowledge, problem solving, strong communication skills.
Licensed Mental Health Therapist
Northern Tier Counseling has an opening for a Licensed Mental Health Professional (LSW or LPC) to work within the Outpatient Program — working within the Towanda Area School District.
Specific skills needed in the areas of:
Completing psycho social assessment on students in K-12 within the Towanda School District
- Provide 1:1, group and family interventions
- Provide Case Management resources to students and their family’s
- Working within school setting and participating in various meetings with School District Personnel
- Provide consultations to School District Personnel regarding mental and behavioral health diagnoses and interventions
- Timely, accurate and efficient documentation is required and closely monitored
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to handle crisis situations and provide safety assessments with quick thinking to handle multiple needs
- Good diagnostic ability and the ability to use appropriate treatment interventions required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong documentation skills, as well as the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree in behavioral or social sciences; LSW or LPC licensed required; minimum of one (1) year of experience. Experience working in school system a plus; family systems and trauma experience preferred.
Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) – Bradford and Tioga County
Northern Tier Counseling has openings for Certified Peer Specialists to join our growing team.
- Certified Peer Specialists are people who have had similar lived experiences and can offer genuine empathy, hope, and validation to an individual seeking help.
- The purpose of Peer Support is to show first hand that recovery and mental illness or substance abuse is possible.
- Services are provided in the home and/or community.
- Responsibilities and Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting consumers with setting and attaining personal recovery goals
- Identify community supports and help consumers understand how to utilize resources in their recovery process
- Model coping techniques, self-help strategies and reinforce the potential for recovery to consumers and others
- Working autonomously while building and maintaining an effective work schedule
- Attending weekly staff meetings and individual supervisions
- Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism expectations
Education and Experience qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Act 33/34 and 151 Clearances
- Self-Identified current or former user of Mental Health or co-occurring services
- 1-year work experience (paid or volunteer) within last 3 years
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing
- Valid Driver’s License; Reliable vehicle and current insurance; clean driving record
- Travel required
- Successful completion of Certified Peer Specialist Training
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as, the ability to work effectively as a team member are required
- Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information regarding these position(s), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 570-265-0100 ext. 1210.
To Apply for Positions with Northern Tier Counseling, Inc.:
E-mail a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com.
Alternate Method: Send your resume and cover letter to: Northern Tier Counseling, Inc., Attention: Human Resource Dept, 24727 Rt 6 Ste. 2, Towanda, PA 18848
- Fax to: (570) 265-4998
- Call (570) 265-0100 ext. 1210 to request an application, or stop by one of our office to complete an application.
- Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E.)