NTC is a leading outpatient and substance abuse treatment program which services children, adolescents, and adults seeking wellness, renewal, and hope in Bradford-Tioga-Sullivan Counties. NTC offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of our clientele. Positions are open for individuals seeking learning and growth opportunities, as well as a desire to work within a strong team oriented environment.
Outpatient Mental Health Therapist
- Responsible for functioning as the primary therapist of record for a specified caseload; duties include psychosocial intake assessment, conducting group, individual, and couples/parenting interventions, formulation of treatment plans, ongoing evaluation of patient needs, final discharge status and aftercare planning.
- Responsible to provide a variety of medically necessary psychotherapeutic treatment modalities to include, but not limited to individual, group, couples and family psychotherapy.
- Responsible under the supervision of a licensed Psychologist or Psychiatrist to provide court ordered mental health evaluations as needed. These evaluations are to be written and forwarded to the court in a timely manner.
- Responsible under the program supervision/direction to prepare testimony for court proceedings in response to subpoenas generated by Court Systems.
- Participation in treatment team meetings under the supervision of the staff psychiatrist and program supervisor/manager.
- Responsible to keep adequate case records in accordance with accepted facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Employee will interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner, seeking to resolve any complaints, misunderstandings, etc. of work related issues by following the chain of command as outlined in the agency personnel policies and code of ethics.
- Participate in ongoing in-service and educational activities to ensure that all credentialing/licensing requirements are met and maintained.
- Work in coordination with other community agencies to provide adequate treatment to assigned clients.
- Employee may take part in Private Contract work and/or work within the schools NTC serves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor or Master’s degree (Master’s and License preferred) in the behavioral or social sciences.
- Knowledge of childhood, adolescent and adult psychopathology and basic psychotherapeutic issues, treatment techniques and methods of intervention, l year experience required.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively; work well within team oriented environment.
- This is a Monday through Friday Position, with no on-call hours, weekends, or holidays. Position allows from 20 – 37.5 hours as caseload builds.
- Office Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Therapist hours are flexible.
- $1,500 Sign-On bonus
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) – Bradford and Tioga County
Northern Tier Counseling has openings for Certified Peer Specialists to join our growing team.
- Certified Peer Specialists are people who have had similar lived experiences and can offer genuine empathy, hope, and validation to an individual seeking help.
- The purpose of Peer Support is to show first hand that recovery and mental illness or substance abuse is possible.
- Services are provided in the home and/or community.
- Responsibilities and Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting consumers with setting and attaining personal recovery goals
- Identify community supports and help consumers understand how to utilize resources in their recovery process
- Model coping techniques, self-help strategies and reinforce the potential for recovery to consumers and others
- Working autonomously while building and maintaining an effective work schedule
- Attending weekly staff meetings and individual supervisions
- Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism expectations
Education and Experience qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Act 33/34 and 151 Clearances
- Self-Identified current or former user of Mental Health or co-occurring services
- 1-year work experience (paid or volunteer) within last 3 years
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing
- Valid Driver’s License; Reliable vehicle and current insurance; clean driving record
- Travel required
- Successful completion of Certified Peer Specialist Training
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as, the ability to work effectively as a team member are required
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Northern Tier Counseling has an opening for a Mobile Therapist within its growing program. The Mobile Therapist will provide family, individual therapy and parenting skills training in the home, community and school setting(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment of strengths and therapeutic needs of child and family.
- Inclusion of child as a participate in his or her own treatment.
- inclusion of parents or other caretakers as members of the treatment team and as partners in treatment. Support for parental participation in inter agency treatment team meetings, treatment plan development/reviews and Individual Education Plans.
- Determination with family and case manager of any necessary family support services.
- Provision of child centered, family focused individual and family psychotherapy as agreed upon by the therapist and family utilizing a strength-based approach.
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
Master’s degree required in human services and one year relevant experience. Treatment planning skills required. Familiarity and comfort level with working in family settings needed. Flexible work hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information regarding these position(s), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources, 570-265-0100 ext. 1210.
To Apply for Positions with Northern Tier Counseling, Inc.:
E-mail a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternate Method: Send your resume and cover letter to: Northern Tier Counseling, Inc., Attention: Human Resource Dept, 24727 Rt 6 Ste. 2, Towanda, PA 18848
- Fax to: (570) 265-4998
- Call (570) 265-0100 ext. 1210 to request an application, or stop by one of our office to complete an application.
- Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E.)